Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The cold shoulder after a short introduction...

I've recently received an email that had once concerned me during my coming out years. I cannot imagine that in this day and age, the issues are still the same.

A new friend has somehow experienced his first gay 'shun' as part of his search for that one real soulmate. Maybe I need to tell him some truths, that people gay or otherwise comes in all shapes and sizes - that gays are just bad at many things courteous and generous as they are at macrame 101 - that we can be a bunch of dickheads whom cannot or will not share even the basics with anyone else apart from those within our personal space. Maybe that is why some of us prefer the life of a recluse where the stereotypes will not hurt us. Maybe we are not as strong as we think - when once we wear our hearts around our sleeves we cower at the first sign of honesty like a fly to bug spray.

On the other hand, we can never compare what is good from the bad if we've never experienced both sides of the coin. Maybe through all that hardship we go through we would come out better, more kind and less judgemental. Even that is pushing it a little I think.

So like flies to bug sprays, my advice is to fly a little faster, stay a little shorter, taste a little more, escape a little quicker and rest when you can afford too coz flies have a very short life-cycle.

1 comment:

Bumtan said...

You know, to date I've never been a blogger. In fact my opinion could have been summed up with a pic. I have called "BlogMonks" in addition to an image of a Monk at a table writing, the caption says: Bloggers were invented ca. 300AD, and were originally called “monks”. Like their distant descendents, monks had shitty haircuts, and never got laid.

That is until now, and not to say you’re the worlds gr8est, Hadi my sweet… but you have touched me in a way no other blogger has. Maybe even enough to change my opinion.

Being in the closet is great when you love the fashions in there and you have new things in there that keep you amused. However, anyone true in their attraction for such things must at some point wear them out. The colours I'm choosing now aren't very loud but then nether am I. I'm now reminded of Kinky Boots (loved it) “RED!!! Is the colour of sex”… I don’t have anything red but I think I soon will. Are we still talking fashion?!

Your entry here is great. I don’t like flies but I get it and will remember the essence of the parable. Thank you sensei.

Keep it up!

Powered By Blogger