Sunday, February 25, 2007

Mingalabah Mr. Lee!

I am finally back from vacation and have had a fabulous holiday this time around - it was amazing and met one new fab friend originally from Bristol so all in all quite pleasurable. Myanmar is still as alluring as ever especially Bagan and Inle Lake and the people still remains the beautiful souls that they are. I have tons of pics but lets keep that for another day. So lets start with the light stuff first.


The first three days were spent in Bangkok sorting out our visas. Wish Pinoyboy was here coz he'd be so fascinated with all the 'japaneseque' goodies that is all around the shops. It will be just so wild going shopping together - it is still as good as Hong Kong and Japan but just a little cheaper to get goofy stuff! A pic at the market - really cool hats and to those that are not sure what Pocky's are, here is a tribute to Pinoyboy - a pic. I found this at LOFT!



I have been eating, eating and eating all the time so here is a couple more pics of food. Andrew I've put on 4kgs in 3 weeks so I'm avoiding rice for the next few weeks. Bastard! All that hard work for the past 3 months down the tubes but did I eat!




During that time, I was able to pass through a couple of wet markets. A couple of pics for everyone especially Pinoyboy.



I grew up with a wet market around the corner but that was year's ago in Singapore and have always remembered how I'd hold my breath when my mother coerced me to follow here into the abyss. I have to say I've never been good with wet markets. The strange difference between the wet markets of Thailand and Burma is the fact that Burma's 'wet market' is pretty dry. So here is a pic of a wet market in Inle Lake (2950ft above sea level) - everything looks pretty decent even the naked chicken in Bagan.





I have so much to write but still feeling a little jet lagged...not too sure why - maybe its because I've been running around cleaning the house and doing the dirty laundry from the holidays. I should have just left it there but I'm not one of those to wait till shit hits the fan. So here is a pic of the sunset on the Ayerwaddy.... words cannot explain how I felt then. It was one of the best...

One of the highlight of the trip was Ballooning over Bagan. Have to write a whole new post on that one. We met a wonderful man, Mr. Lee Hooper, the chief pilot, whom shared a rather unsavoury experience of an Aussie getting sick in the basket -orifices galore. We can still smell the experience! I'd like to wish him all the best coz he's good value and we hope to see you in Bhutan (Putao) real soon Lee.



Till next time guys, I think I will be more agreeable when I've had some decent sleep. So to Peter, Pinoyboy and Andrew - I miss you all loads and have been downloading your podcasts....




Last but not least, a image taken over Valentine's day. My room boy was excellent and not too bad looking too and here's a pic of me with some real big pussies!! Till next time...





No comments:

Powered By Blogger