Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Mum and Dad was "templed" out... I love the BURMESE...

I've decided not to make this post so arduous with the daily excerpts of what took place. It would even drive me insane. So the short version is we spent a couple more days in Bagan including a day cycling, 2 days in Mandalay which was really depressing after Bagan and then the last 3 days in Inle Lake which was amazing. PS Don't forget the afternoon siestas each day...




I have to say that I had the best time in Bagan apart from the ballooning, the temples were excellent. I'm not going to bore you with more pics. My bad was I didn't bring myself a pair of thongs/slippers and therefore had to take off my shoes every single time when we entered a temple. Thank god there was always a pair at the hotel we were in.

It was really difficult to get your mobiles working in Burma - SIMs are available in the blackmarket but they'd probably want squillion of dollars for it. Anyway, we were not prepared to get into trouble with the junta. So here is a local phone booth pic... I guess you pay the guy for usage probably just local calls.


There were also the people across all of Burma that I would like to thank - I can still remember your smiles, hellos and goodbyes. I am already missing you...








Till next time Myanmar - we'll be back....

No comments:

Powered By Blogger