Thursday, June 14, 2007

Woes of the day and new learnings!

Sadly my Canon Pro1 is sick. After going through the rigors of India and Burma where tiny particles of dust and sand was running amok, it is experiencing its first 'noise' problems. The LCD has also taken a hit and while on manual mode, varying Fstops are creating more noise even in RAW format. I've tried everything from refreshing to default but to no avail.




The barrel is also making a very strange whining sound probably asking me to clean it out. It also farted last night. That was odd as it has never done that before. I thought it was the boys but realised that the camera was whimpering as it tries to focus. It must be really sad having to resort to human afflictions.

The auto-function is nonetheless producing great 8 megapixel images but being an avid picture taker, I prefer having the manual option at hand. So it is going to the service centre today. It will have to go before Japan in November. It will be autumn and how disastrous that would be if the camera decide to pack it in then.

As to my new found interest, it is HDR images and working with Photoshop CS2 to merge the images. If you are interested, here is a link that I have found helpful especially for beginners like myself. I am excited at the prospect of what it will offer and the image quality that will be derived... next stop is to get KITTY YUM YUM in October!!

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/hdr.shtml

2 comments:

Kevin said...

sorry to hear that. digital cameras and the like are so sensitive to dust and humidity. It's crazy. I was in Puerto Rico in the Rainforest(I'll put a pic on my blog) and when I got back to the mainland my camera was having all these problem, but Best Buy fixed everything. thank goodness.

Anonymous said...

I know! Its probably going to cost as much as getting a new camera but... yes I've heard that Puerto Rico is wondrous. The inlaws recently went on a South American tour and I had picture envy.

Will wait for yours on the blog!!

Powered By Blogger