Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Getting Closer to the holidays....

The Tokyo booking has come through and now that we have paid for our railpasses it looks pretty good. Tickets are all set - monies changed. The only place left to confirm is Matsumoto now that even our Koyasan booking has come through. It will be good to go somewhere where I don't have to translate since the partner reads/speaks Japanese. I have had the misfortune of being confused as Chinese,Burmese, Cambodian, Thai, South American and hopefully this time around NOT Japanese or I'll never get into some of the places I want to see.

Next is to confirm with the Imperial Household Agency for permission to go visit some of the highly 'sensitive' cultural sites. Autumn leaves will be so breathtaking... my camera will be doing overtime then. This should be reason enough to keep me motivated @ work. It will be 3 weeks of Japan.

The Beijing Olympics is in August and from what we can deduce May-June will be good time to go to HongKong and Shanghai for some antique shopping. The trouble with that is we need to plan our Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Thailand border crossing trip well so that we're there in Spring.

The flow of bills have been constant though...the water/gas/power bill got paid this month, the dog licence renewal, the combined phone/mobile/cable/broadband and the council rates which increased this year by 5% (value of our bluestone) and not forgetting the new garage door. God - I don't know how I survive each day?

Waiting in the pipeline are those bloody wardrobes in which the installer will be coming this Saturday to complete the job and the new dishwasher. All those savings I've done for the Macbook for the past 3 months have somewhat evaporated into thin air. Everything I have I own - the thought of going into credit is not something I am accustomed to.

Trust Fund time, I'm crossing my fingers that Christmas will come early this year!! Back to square one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems you have a great trip ahead! To me it always feels like leaving worries and other things behind (or at least forget them a bit) to explore and experience new things. Am thinking about going to Shanghai 2 weeks late this year. I feel I haven't spend enough time there past may.

Anonymous said...

True but the mental escape energises you somehow - Looks like the Shanghai trip will have to take a back seat for me though...the option of going to Vietnam for 9 days in April might be the way to go.

Email me when you're in Shanghai...and take great pics!! I'll do the same in Japan.

Kevin said...

I can't wait to see the pictures. Japan, I wouldn't know where to go or what to see. Speaking of bills, I just got the Con Edison bill for my apartment. $190...that's crazy.

I'm hoping I'll win the lottery. Then I'm taking a six month old trip around the world. :-)

Anonymous said...

If I win a lottery, I'll pay for your six months trip and mine too!!

Powered By Blogger