Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Hello Helpdesk? Whinge...

OK I work for a big Euro Company with the moral ethics of a cow in heat and all IT helpdesk is now being routed to Kuala Lumpur (Level1) or Bangalore (Level2). My IT issue has been hanging around since last Thursday and I am still unable to access applications through my Intranet. Not that it matter much but trust me after 10 calls and being routed to morons, you get a little short. I am still calm though... I guess it is Karma!

The trouble with IT people like everyone else within their own comfort zone is that they don't like people self-diagnosing their own problems. They work to some supposed script and if it is not within their scope, they just want to close the ticket. I was told to use a colleagues machine instead...so I should kick someone out of their space so that I can do my work? You feel that you've just got on the phone with the telephone company and being put on hold for eons with some cute answer from tecko-moron super-dickhead man ala Stan Lee. Why Stan Lee Why!!??

So every single time you call the helpdesk, you're back to square one. I've had IE installed for the 5th time and my machine re-image as it so happens to a lower version plus to add to the headache, a desktop ID instead of a laptop ID. I think it is a firewall issue either not recognising my machine or my ID to that particular server or something similar since it only affected me after server migration of the application. Why me? Why not?

After 5 days, I am still not able to log on with my super duper machine. Thank you Euro stinko cheap bastards... we are still on Windows 2000 and to compound it all, we have a swish machine and you can't even put your foot on the breaks without Big Brother knowing.

Hopefully they get my message that this is getting a little ridikulus!

4 comments:

Kevin said...

Help desks are very frustrating. At my job I couldn't use the database software because of the stupid McAfee virus protection.

We have Windows 2000 at work too.

I ask that too, why, why?

Bokonon said...

Have you tried rebooting?

[ducks for cover]

Incognito Man said...

Done all the rebooting that I needed. With the new image, patches were coming through and the system was rebooting itself over and over again.

Alas the tech is coming in again tomorrow...hopefully this will come good.

Kevin said...

I had to eventually disable the firewall and then everything worked.

Powered By Blogger