Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Holidays are drawing closer!

This year's in-between holidays is far too sparse. I think we needed a break in June or July but just can't afford to take time off work. The last time we went away was April and we have been saving as many holidays as we can so that our sojourn abroad will be well-spent and fruitful. So over the weekend, we visited an outdoor store to look at some 80litres rucksack for next year's trip. As you can see I'm quite a short arse so most of the rucksacks I carried looked hilariously oversized. The curse of being short but stocky. Oh well can't do anything about that can I - at least I can be a beast of burden. Bastards!

Did catch Hiro Kurosaki though - It was AOK but not flawless which is fine since it has been awhile since I last went to hear baroque. Hiro mentioned that it was in Adelaide that he first made his Australian debut at the Festival Centre 18 years ago. Amazing how time flies. That was on Sunday after a fine lunch at a Tapas place in the city.

The Garden also had a workout...I planted various perennials so that we have some colour real soon. The deck needs cleaning as we are inviting some people over for BBQ pre-Christmas do. The weeding was painstaking done but I am still suffering from the after-affects. Apartment living is looking quite attractive today.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger