Sunday, September 09, 2007

The Weekend that was....

It was a wonderfully warm weekend. Spring is finally here and already it is heating up. Summer this year will be a scorcher!! We headed to the Royal Adelaide Show which is an annual event since we live just walking distance from the showgrounds. The partner gets cheap tickets from work so we are heading there twice. My favourites have always been the piglettes/SOW and Alpacas...those wonderfully mysterious eyes that seems to consume all light. There are also the camels and baby emus.

Apart from that I love the dairy cows - they're generous creatures with their milk I mean which we take for granted each day. Docile creatures really and all that meat. There are also the lamb..."Pleazzeee Hadeeeee...eeeeeat meeeee." And of course, the dog shows...one cannot go the show without seeing the puppies at work. This year's French bulldogs were magnifique oui oui!




There were no horses this year due to the Equine Virus but that is fine. I am not into horses...my phobia of horses is not natural though. The other half is not going to help with the therapy so I am forgoing getting to know horses.



One of the strangest things to see was the judging for bunny rabbits. I didn't know that part of the process was to make them pose motionless. The judges are apparently looking for that distinct quality...the owners are pretty serious with what they're doing. All too bizarre for me. Some of them looked like stuffed bunnies. Silly but I thought that it was really funny having a stiff bunny for 5 minutes while the judges man-handle them.

Then there was the face-painting tradition while riding on a camel looking like Beetlejuice!?

And last but not least the 9pm fireworks which had to be cut-short due to the sudden high winds that came across Adelaide that night. Fireworks makes me smile. All in all rather enjoyable... a good weekend. We ended up having Meze on Sunday afternoon. The good thing is that the walk-in robe is 95% complete and the room is looking grand and 6 more weeks to the holidays.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Those pigs were adorable. You got some great shots.

I went to zoo more back home than here in NYC.

You're moving into Spring while we're moving into Fall. It was so humid last night, my air conditioner was working overtime.

I can't wait until Winter.

Powered By Blogger