Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Why are my dreams so intense...

The kids were presumed dead as their Parents cradled them in their arms. In the moment of pure panic there was no time to shed a tear. Dad was frantically rushing through the traffic when one of the kids stirred followed by the other. It was hard to make out where they were but I stood among them looking in and speechless.

"I feel tired mum", said the older kid face covered with soot.
"Just let go darling. We are alright. You don't have to fight anymore. Mommy love you sweetheart. It will be alright."

A sense of hopelessness filled the air. The sadness was overwhelming - searing almost; it washed over me with such a rush that it felt like something had given way.I sense life draining away and I can't seem to help them. My view switched from being the observer to that of the caring Parent.

"Are you OK?", said Mum No.2.
"How are you feeling? Just hang on!"

The other kid was in no better shape. His limbs were lifeless yet the twitching of the eye was constant and somehow became less and less as the truck made its way in urgency towards an unknown destination.

With Hope then came the Silence.

I woke up in the night to some blistering twilight as my vision came around to embrace the darkness tears abundant. Something was lost?

I always tell the hubby that I have a very sad soul. Often I find myself in tears in the middle of the night and sometimes I wake up devastated by what has transpired in my psyche. I realise that my connection to the things around me are heightened because I embrace all things living - the reason why the News often throws me into such woes that I prefer to think about the positives of the world; often in self-denial.

I know when someone is sad and when someone is not - loneliness is deafening; happiness fills me up with delight that I feel energised.

Today was one of those days where I felt as if something was taken away from me and my sadness have no name nor will it.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

First off, what a blessing that you can remember your dreams. I can't seem to hold on to them long enough to verbalize them. I just feel the feelings.

Hopelessness, silence the unknown. Could this be about your job?

Sad soul? I guess. You feel like an old soul to me. Me? I have to think about it.

Powered By Blogger