Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Locking myself out of the car....

What a morning...with my routine broken when I got to the office i.e. someone volunteered to open the garage door for me, I had inadvertently left the keys in the car and slammed it shut to infact thank the lady from Payroll. This is the first time I've done that and I feel like a major himbo. The spare key is at home...it will take me an hour and half to and fro while a taxi was going to cost me at least $100.

Everyone tried to help - the workshop guys next door whom apparently didn't know what they were doing. So it looks like I have to replace my locks after all the screwdriver attempts that did not do what it was suppose to. I should thank them for at least making an effort to come around and give me a hand.

I called the RAA and it was going to cost me $165 to join on the spot and another $75 for the callout and $67 annually until someone in the office, with the miracle of a coat-hanger, came over and pop the lock. It was that simple .... I couldn't believe it and am now more paranoid than ever that my car is not the secure machine I thought it was. So no more leaving any valuables in the car anymore and I've learnt my lesson.

What a way to start the day eh? Bugger!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger