Sunday, December 09, 2007

Leica - The $800 pair of binoculars

I was astounded by the clarity of the glass/optics...though a little extravagant for my wallet. Decided on a Nikon 8x24 for Dad instead. I am pretty good this Christmas and have started curbing my spending; Christmas usually sends me a little wild but nothing that I could not handle. He is also getting a Navman GPS for the Pajero.

Had a short chat with Dad yesterday while Mum was over fixing our curtains and he said not too worry too much with the redundancy loomy. It is never about the money but more importantly the fact that you feel as if your independence has somewhat diminished beyond your control. It will be good to go to the holiday house and go out fishing or just sit by the verandah overlooking the beach. I don't mind the holiday house which is about 3 hour's drive from Adelaide. I hope we don't go to one of those 8 hours 40kms way out in the middle of nowhere spots but I have a feeling that I might be right this time around.

So what did I get myself for Christmas?...a coffee table book from Lonely Planet on Asia, an Amy Winehouse music DVD with her live in London, Terry Goodkind's "Confessor" because I've read everything of his and just want the story to end for good. The other half wants some Rocky Road and I haven't decided what else to get him...apart from the mesh rushsack. Of course, most of our Christmas cash have been channelled to the March vacation so that I guess is our gift to each other.

It is really hard to feel motivated at work especially on a Monday but I will give it a go and if I feel like crap, I might just take a sicky and head on home instead.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

You're so good. I want final draft 7 and a hard drive. I'm getting my mom a calendar with pics from my iPhoto and a new computer.

Powered By Blogger