Sunday, December 16, 2007

Spiders...Web Personal!

Pholcus phalangioides (RM, QM)

These days I find it very difficult to kill insects even ants. I tend to walk around them. Those that do get into the house eventually die of starvation, the insects I mean. We hardly get roaches and with summer the moths (they eat clothes/carpets) are everywhere and anywhere but yesterday I found a female daddy long legs hiding inside the bbq cupboard with a huge clump of hatchlings. They were wriggling all over the place and just two days ago, there was nothing in there.

The trouble with these spiders is that they breed very quickly and then web the whole decking within weeks. They then spread to the roof, the garage door, the cars and then out of the blue the entire house is inundated with cobwebs including the dogs. So yesterday, I have to admit, I bug sprayed them all.

Today though I feel a little guilty...I wonder why but I just can't handle the cobwebs and the sight of wriggling little insect infestation is just hard to deal with. I will atone for it somehow I'm sure!

3 comments:

Kevin said...

This post gave me the shivers! I had an awful experience with a spider when I was at camp.

I think I have arachnophobia. I couldn't go to sleep knowing there was a spider around that I didn't kill. The myth/fact about humans eating about 8 spiders in their lifetime makes me weak in the knees.

Anonymous said...

Imagine if it laid eggs in your mouth while you were asleep? I saw tonnes of them wriggling in this web and I nearly flipped.

Anyway, I checked last night and they're all dead. I felt bad though...

Kevin said...

Don't say that again. I'm going to have nightmares when I go to bed!

Oh the thought. I think I'll sleep with a scarf tied around my mouth!!

Hadi!!!!

Powered By Blogger