Monday, December 17, 2007

Why Rednecks frighten me!?

I have contemplated this for a very long time so I decided today that I would explain my choices in men as friends or lovers. You see rednecks, no matter how attractive they look frightens me a little. Redneck Americans, Australians or Europeans - they have an aggressive nature that I have yet to embrace and I suppose my upbringing will never allow me to.

I am by no means a giant(in stature) or a bigot but I can be a little fragile and sexual aggression up to a point can 'be' endearing much like shaving with a blunt razor without cream after a bad hangover. I suppose I prefer a gentle giant with the brain capacity of Einstein's or at least someone whose 'gonuts' are not hanging out of his mouth 24-7!

I am your average Asian, not too tall not too short, some might say that I am compact i.e. like your English bulldog but less adorable! I don't believe in camping it up for there is no reason to...it gets too hard to keep the facade and seriously I'm just not made that way. My wardrobe is mostly a series of checked shirts + linen matched against blue-jeans and Italian shoes. I guess I'm ordinary to a point packaged in a full-bodied goblet of red-hot humour and dressed with a drizzle of spicy but dry sarcasm and topped with brilliant cynical repartee in the form of catch phrases.

I prefer my men a little taller, bigger than me, a little preppier, possibly with loads of facial hair - infact hair on or hair off doesn't really matter these days, he can have mine. More so than ever, I am not attracted to Castro-esque men, just for the very reason that burly men are afraid of chasers like myself, I have yet to figure out the reasons which is currently a work in progress, and in addition, scratched from the must-sees & must-dos...people with an inclination for the bizarre. I am adventurous up to a point but still a prude...now that's a revelation!

I keep my kisses close to my heart and if I do kiss you it means a lot to me. I do like my white boys but I find my own kind and men of colour just as adorable as long as they don't try too hard to curb my freedom or exert their own prejudicial beliefs...Asians have a tendency of doing that. I like them when they come with a good set of teeth as well and can drive a car with confidence; because I have a distate for driving though I love the sound of rumbling torque and leather interiors. P.S I don't mind someone with a Harley as long as it doesn't come with long nights of boozing and bed-wetting!

Sometimes I wonder why we send outselves into this outrageous cycle of misplaced expectations but then again isn't it half the fun or else Life will fall into the mundane and people we meet become less wondrous. I guess I would like to make or find someone I can call friend whom is entirely different from how they look... coz at the end of the day, I think I am still living life ill-informed and lack of a better word 'Sheltered'.

1 comment:

Incognito Man said...

The attitude I think I can handle but the abuse is where I draw the line. I've not had any bad experiences when vacationing in Malaysia as a couple so it is hard to draw an example but I know where you're coming from.

Powered By Blogger