Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Gourmet Festival - Tour Down Under!



King William Rd is about less than 10 minutes from where I live and this year it seems that the Gourmet Festival is busier than ever. It runs each year inconjunction with the Tour Down Under. I've been told, thanks hubby, that I am still on the diet and not to succumb while phototaking.



It was a real cool night and the aroma of burning charcoal, bbq octopus, prawns, roast and bountiful cab sauv was very hard indeed. I got some real good shots of people and was taking pictures with Aperture Priority but did not bring my FONG. The Fong is so in your face that I was afraid that people might take offense.



Infact I should have coz some of the pics were overexposed but nonetheless I've learnt alot from this exercise. I need to indulge in a little shutter priority because I was always on the move and so were my subjects. Manual can only go so far and I should not avoid going Auto if I want to catch things that does not allow me to custom set my camera by default at a touch of a button.

I think the viewfinder is making me see Adelaide differently each day... not too sure where to yet but a couple of happy faces along the way seems to help with the isolation.


Double click on the image and you can get a glimpse of what I was really looking at amongst all the noise. The rest are on Flickr.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

were you getting a close up of that guy? LOL. It's so weird. It's 80 there and in the 20's here. brrrrrr

Incognito Man said...

It was a great night with loads of eye-candy + sexual ambiguity.

Powered By Blogger