Sunday, January 06, 2008

Preparing for Vietnam/Laos....




Still a little busy but all the hotel bookings are now complete. I'm hoping to put together a booklet that will have all the reservations, walking tours, maps etc. in triplicate.The sister is picking up the Laos Airlines internal flights from the travel agent in Singapore that we booked over the phone and will sent it across when my brother gets here in Mid Feb.





At the same time, we found ourselves 2 Deuter rucksack 32 litres that will be good for the hot weather trekking if need be. The red is mine and hubby has green. It has what we need including a bladder compartment and a mesh that keeps the perspiration off your back which is always annoying with any rucksack that hasn't got one. We saw someone in Japan having one and we thought that it was a brilliant idea.




The weekend was uneventful and Saturday was a scorching 39.9 degress. The heatwave is not letting up so the garden needed some tender loving care on Sunday. Went to the farmers market on Sunday morning and then cycled to Glenelg to stare at the beach while having morning tea = a serving of 120mg of fruit (remember the diet?).

It has been 5 days going 6 and I have lost a total of 1.5kg. It seems that I am loosing it much slower than the other half. He has wiped 4 kg off his and the plan is 10 while mine is 5 or 8 if I can manage. Apparently my ideal weight should be 67.5kg but I think I'll stop at 70 or I'll look too scrawny even for my taste.

Will keep you posted...diets are horrible but this one seems to work...slowly but it is working.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger