Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Shooting at night...

It is a very lonely and cold affair shooting at night but I preservered because I was having difficulty with my D80 taking pictures with ambient light everywhere but still wanting a clear shot of the moon. My 200mm I guess only goes so far but it is more the method that I am concerned with. Next on the agenda, is to take landscapes and structures in low or minimal light scenarios. Here is an example of what I mean.

This was taken in the backyard...the moon is bright enough now to get some form of definition amongst the huge gumtree i.e. the neighbours. Remind me never to have a huge gumtree!!


I am trying to figure out how to set it on 30s self-exposure on the D80 and will go back to the discussion forum on flickr to find some clues. This was taken at 200mm, 1/4000 (I tried bulb but still can't make the clarity target I set myself), ISO100, F11 and Manual with VR off and ISO Auto off. Maybe I am just trying too hard - this is not an SLR and I shouldn't expect it to do the same. Oh well....back to the drawing board!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm bringing my camera to work and take some photos. That will be fun.

Powered By Blogger