Tuesday, February 12, 2008

6 weeks 10.4kg and counting.

Indra is at the doctor's today for his Chemo...

SURGEONS must be very careful
When they take the knife!
Underneath their fine incisions
Stirs the culprit,—Life!
Emily Dickinson (1830–86). Complete Poems. 1924.
Part One: LifeXLII

WHEN I hoped I feared,
Since I hoped I dared;
Everywhere alone
As a church remain;
Spectre cannot harm
Serpent cannot charm;
He deposes doom,
Who hath suffered him.
Emily Dickinson (1830–86). Complete Poems. 1924.
Part One: LifeLXVI

I am truly at my ideal weight of65kg...I was 25 when I last weighed this much. I have also started on my routine munching (OK snacking!) to see how it affects the metabolism. It has proven to be quite an awakening - apparently the body has adjusted itself to the likes of a well-oiled energy convertor and a little biscuit here and there have proven to be ineffectual to the whole plan.
Lets see what happens in the next couple of weeks with the family in town and all that eating that I'll be doing this Friday at the farewell party!

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Love the poems! Keep em coming!

"WHEN I hoped I feared,
Since I hoped I dared"

Congrats on the weight loss. That's such an accomplishment! I find when you lose weight things start to open up. Watch the snacking. Ask yourself, if you're hungry or not.

Anonymous said...

Hunger vs Guilt. I think Guilt wins all the time.

Powered By Blogger