Monday, February 04, 2008

Oncologist

We arrived early this morning and took a nice walk while waiting for the surgery to open. Indra, though a little tired, went willingly around the block + sniffing around to check whether there were hot girls out there for him to play with. He is a real boy I tell you!

The chemo should take 15 minutes and observation for the next 6-10 hours. I will pick him up at 4.30 this afternoon with a short consult with Dr. Davies on his blood test. I had to fill out all this waiver papers which just intensified my concern but they seem to be on top of things. The receptionist was really pleasant and she reassured me that at any time when the chemo is not going well she will ring me.

I spoke to the hubby last night and we both realised that it will be difficult loosing him but giving him the chance to live with the prospect of a normal quality of life is the only thing we can offer. He will go eventually, sooner than we anticipated but we hope to have some grieving time as the cancer progresses. Remission? Well I really don't know where we stand with this at the moment but in the next couple of weeks, we will see a difference if the treatment has worked.

I spoke to the breeder yesterday to explain to her of Indra's predicament. Like surrogacy, we thought it polite to inform the breeder of his condition and to see whether they'd like to see him over one of the weekends. Lynn and Barry are good people and they love their dogs as much as we do. I didn't want to tell them that we've lost Indra in September where we usually catch up with them at the dog show. I can still remember Indra winning his first ribbon - I was such a proud dad!

Thank you Peter, Kevin and Keiran - my dear friends for your concern and prayers. I know it will go a long way. I haven't given up just as yet.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger