Sunday, March 02, 2008

A positive start to the week

Having had my Singlish episode before editing this post....

It's Monday and I have a great feeling that the week will be wonderful. I find myself in the State Library today sending emails to all the hotels to reconfirm my booking for the trip and thinking of all my friends from afar especially what they were up to for the weekend i.e. Kevin - get well soon mate, Peter/Pinoyboy - have sex already!?, John Ong - I think you miss home!, Andrew - OMG a year older!, Brad - back at home maybe?, Keiran - what were you up to? How was your weekend?. I think I need to get a Life! I'm supposedly trying to re-write my resume without much success....maybe after lunch!

The weekend was spend cooking northern/southern Indian meals for the other half. I am a good cook but a lazy one. The repertoire incorporated blood plum and lamb curry, chicken madras with yoghurt, Bindi (OKRA) Spiced, Cauliflower in mustard sauce and spicy eggplant over tomatoes, raita served with low GI rice. It was wonderfully rich and all in all took me around 2 hours including a complete clean of the kitchen at the same time while pans were hot on the stove. I just needed to be more organised and the fact that the other half marked all my spices in little plastic containers with a labeller made the rummaging less taxing.

I have also been busy with my new iPod Touch and I love the fact that I can connect to unsecured WIFI connection around the city while I am out and about. Some people need to me more careful with the wireless connection and security but for their lack of interest in such matter I am thankful. People need more education I guess or maybe they just don't know that they are broadcasting? I can also check on the weather at home in Singapore. The GPS system is still a little arbitrary but you can't complain unless you have a chipset built in like the BT338 on an O2? Maybe the ohmypod guys know of an application that can triangulate locations better than using telecommunication towers. I can also get my mail on the run without paying a single cent! WOW! I love my touch - now I truly understand all the hype about the iPhone. I am still reluctant to hack my Touch for those super duper uber applications.

I hope you guys have a great week too and it's 13days n counting before I zip off on my vacation! All the hotels apparently have Wifi so with my Touch, I'm sorted.

Ciao babes!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger