Saturday, April 19, 2008

Another uneventful day...

The city can be rather sterile...everything seems to be systematically organised to ignite the excitement of a 5-year old but then again it is the school holidays. The great thing about it all is that I finally got my iPod Touch back so the past few hours have been spent on updating the software etc. etc. which can be quite testing if you prefer having the hours go by while the computer slowly makes up its mind whether or not to sync from a previous back-up?

The good thing is that the other half bought a nicely gilded 7x5 photo frame for me and 2 really appealing short sleeve shirts...one in red checkerboard design and another orange 100% soft linen which I think is quite divine @70% off. What a bargain!!

I have finally finished the Amber Spyglass and realised why the Church or any religious institution would consider these sort of books 'challenging' i.e. the demise of hell and the non-existence of heaven etc. I cannot imagine it as a movie though...having Angels make war with Witches! What blasphemy...I just love such controversy.

Tomorrow is another nice day with 27 degrees expected and I will be having a mezze lunch in the city overlooking the weekend market on Rundle St. It will be good to finally embrace what Adelaide has to offer. Next week is another trip to Samstag for an exhibition...Primavera in Adelaide and not Sydney? I miss Sydney sometimes and even Melbourne can surprise you...Adelaide will eventually blossom into something grand. It will take time!

I still can recall the hustle and bustle of running to exhibitions opening on Thursdays like bar hopping. It would be good to see Adelaide ignite with new ideas. Still haven't found any controversial art installations or video art aka Mike Parr but abject art is very confronting even for the seasoned artist!

I am excited...life has alot to offer; you just need to keep positive or if all else fail, create a new beginning.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Yes, create a new beginning. I definitely believe that!

New York City as grimy still is is becoming this land of condos and co-ops. It's disgusting. I'm grossed out by it. Where are the new art gallerys and theatres! Do we need more 2.1 million dollar 2 bedrooms! It's nasty.

Anonymous said...

I know...we were just contemplating about City living but without it then the City would remain dormant. I guess you need people to call it a City...

Adelaide has a long way to go in that respect but there are newer buildings being erected ala 1980s style. Even the skyline has little to be desired from a city-dweller perspective but from a quaint angle, it is humbling.

Powered By Blogger