Thursday, April 03, 2008

OMG has it been that long....



I have been a recalcitrant...not blogging since I've returned from the holidays. Sorry guys!!

Vietnam and Laos was very draining. The humidity hit me so hard that I was constantly perspiring the moment I stepped out of my room. Not the 'spring chicken' I use to be, I realised. I was lucky and only gained 1kg from the trip which I attribute to the french pastries and the baguettes - it was irresistible.

I have also been trying to recover from food-poisoning that hit me while on my way back -thank god on the last day while on the plane to Adelaide. I plastered the lavatory and I think the next occupant would not have been pleased - I think the belching sound was more disturbing...I was quite the gentleman in leaving the environ rather pristine! It wasn't that bad but I think I emptied the whole day's load short of 5 seconds.

One of the many great discoveries is the fact that moisture is a big problem for the camera and that I needed to keep the temperature constant. The sudden flux causes the camera to fog and it took 10-15 minutes to acclimatise...not good when you are up at dawn - I woke up the next day 1/2 an hour earlier just to make sure I got some pictures that were decent enough. And then there are dust, rain, spots, cleaning cloth, rivers, grey clouds, mist, boats, monks on a running rampage etc. screws up the AF function of the camera - duh! Some cameras are just not made for action shots...I have to learn to live with the limitations.

The next thing to do is to load up pictures in Flickr. Bought 3 new class 6 SDHC cards - 1 x Extreme III 8GB and 2 x Transcend 8GB for half the price. I've noticed that it makes no difference really...I was expecting the Extreme III to be superfast but it was just as effective as the Transcend.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Hey, glad to hear you are back safely from your trip. I was thinking about ya!

Take your time with blogging. My schedule has been so crazy that I haven't had a chance to blog either.

I sweat too and hate humidity. It's like the moment you take a shower and go outdoors you're sweaty again. It's terrible.

Powered By Blogger