Thursday, August 07, 2008

What a night....

I cut myself last night - another eyebrow bites the dust. In a fit of rushing into the taxi while on the phone and trying to get the suit jacket on, I brushed my brow against the corner of the door. Talk about idiotic ... and I didn't carry a handkerchief yesterday, so there I was oozing with blood all over my suit and asking the taxi driver whether he had any tissue. I have delicate skin, the taxi driver wanted to drive me to hospital.

Now here I am all scarred again - caught up with Ross last night and he said that it was HOT! I told him stop being stupid. The worst bit was having to go to this shitty restaurant, some Chinese place in the city that served really horrid food and staff that didn't care whether you get what you ordered. They kept wanting to serve me prawn bloody dumplings. What's with dumplings?

After 5 gin and tonics, went out with Dave for more drinks and 3 gins later and a dirty martini at ZEMA's@HILTON which was the only place that was still open at 1am that served cocktails, I am now sitting in my room wanting a real huge sloppy burger with the lot after going through all my emails this morning.

In about an hour, it's a lunch meeting and then straight back to the airport to fly back to Adelaide. I miss my contoured pillow and my bed badly and Nicholas + boys. I felt really awful last night when I had my cut and I wanted to go home desperately there and then. Alas when you are away, you just have to deal.

It will be good to be home again...soon.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Oozing with blood. Goodness! The taxi driver was right. you should have gotten some medial help.

I feel you. There's nothing like your bed when you're not feeling well.

Powered By Blogger