Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Old Memories Die Hard - Happy Pictures


You know how certain trips make you all warm and fuzzy inside?Taken a long time back when everything is a little mentally chaotic but as they say only feelings remain so these were really good times (See Hadi smile). Not much of a Coleridge fan because he is a little suss (Romantics...my apologies) but we have pictures in this day and age that words should just remain words.

This was a good side trip to Switzerland while on a 3 weeks UK vacation, taken with an old mate that seemed to have disappeared from the face of the planet (IMAN where are you mate??). Cold meats, champagne, a little skiing and a little sledging - it was good fun - top of world feeling. I destroyed a pair of shoes that day which disintegrated off my feet from going up and down the alps, over and over again. Too indulgent!! My host could only laugh.

Switzerland is extremely clean, the lifestyle is very soothing and mature, the reason why I doubt that I could have lived there then. My priorities at that time was to see the world and settling down was not an option. But a trip here is highly recommended - go with a whole lot of dough coz it ain't cheap and remember to leave all your worries behind. A little Swiss German will go a long way but don't worry coz almost everyone takes up English as a second language. Recommend rummaging through Zurich for a bargain, if you can find one but it is also worth just sitting down for a coffee - to watch the world go by when everything is way out of your budget. One of the must dos while in Europe.

This was taken at a Llama Farm in Connecticut. A side trip while working in NY. The Boss was planning to retire and live on a farm so was scouting out some Llamas he's put on hold. I was more interested in the dog (Maremma Sheepdog) and she was me. And no, she was not on sale. The boss now has his own 'Snowy' to keep the foxes in check and I have my Schipperkes.

So apparently, Llamas bond with their masters as much as their mate and a good tip is to always touch them from below their chin. They tend to react aggressively if you come from the top. Their eyes just magnify your hands...just imagine if you had those beautiful eyes - you wouldn't want someone taking it out with their fingers which looks like a meter long stick!!

It was a good trip and I realised that NY is not to be reckoned with especially if you're looking for a career and still very naive. She's a real bitch at times and changes with the seasons. She is also culturally rich, snobbish and immorally opportunistic. A world of extremes....with little pockets of surprises. You'll definitely need a chaperon to ease you in. A place to visit, let your hair down but not to work unless you're single and hungry for some action.

America has its moments but if you're a nature lover well you're in for a ride. Here we are in Crater Lake National Park (Southern Oregon). It snowed buckets the night before but the sky was spectacular and it was freezing - I like the cold so it was pretty exciting. We hit a blizzard on our way down - it was also my first time running through one. Mad mad mad!! The snow itself was about 8 to 10 metres high and was a sight to behold.... I think I was there for about 2-3 months while the partner was working. Oregon can be a little dull but thank god for the bookshops and coffee. It was also the first time that someone asked me for my ID when I ordered beer?! Maybe my face was upside down that day but truly can't you tell?

So here's to some of my little memories, friends lost, friends made but all very fond which I keep close to my heart.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger