Thursday, November 09, 2006

Travel Diaries and Other nuances!!

New Zealand 2005-06


Visions of India - Oct 2006


So this is my real first blog...and a recent pic taken, where else @ the Taj Mahal. It so happens that a couple was busy working their own shot but I found the image rather ephemeral/sensuous and had a very Indian flavour about its colour....it all depends on the time of the day including the regions you visit - indians aside.

The goal is to see all the 7 wonders of the world prior to retiring which is still a long long long way to go ... God have mercy!!

India itself has its moments and when they say you'd be surprised, I recommend leaving all your apprehensions at home. All those AMAZING INDIA! ads...well just remember you're there for the sights and everything else will be less of a turn-off or a disappointment. People in the capital cities are just like any other cultures so expect the usual banter. Even locals tip their own... don't forget that this is a 3rd world country - Gandhi was misled!


So here is another decent pic to share. Much like Cairo and the pyramids, make sure you zoom in as you can see here - "Palace of the Winds". Picture is obviously cropped to avoid busloads of tourists, oncoming traffic and the rather obscure "NO PARKING" sign in blue + the "Mona-lisa" style chain barriers surrounding the base of the facade.



OK - I have nothing against India...they love their Cricket but SHE has her moments just like anywhere else. The trip north was very dreary because we were always being herded to cottage industries of some sort and we met very few lovely honest people. Hopefully the south will be much better. Being a people person, it did leave me with a sour taste but hey it could have just been me and my prejudices. My partner came without expectations so he virtually walked away unscathed... apart from the indigestion on the 3rd day.

Must sees : All Forts if you can coz it is unbelievable especially at different times of the day. The other is Jodphur in the evening - absolutely time-warped us back to the past....having our dinner at the rooftop while being serenaded by Classical Mogul repertoires. The food was amazing even for a red meat advocate like myself.

Strangely enough we did not encounter the infamous self-inflicting blood-oozing street beggars. Touts on the other hand, well at every corner and at every turn...even those wanting to learn English. Similar angle with those in Beijing - be prepared to look 'egyptian-faced' as our guide exclaimed and he showed us how. AMAZING - even they have mastered the' ignore your own kind' look. Classic!





Just one more picture: The Taj in B&W. I have to say that I was very excited about seeing it. Being a romantic nothing was going to stop me from getting that one great shot of the Taj and my lens. Your trip will not be complete without seeing India's India.


And before I go, one last picture of my partner. He is an amazing and patient man - hard to live with but worth his weight in gold. He'd probably say the same but that's because I bribe him often. I don't tell him often enough...but deep down he knows.

New Zealand 2005-06


To my soulmate, I love you and thank you for sharing these beautiful moments with me. Till next time love and to everyone else Enjoy India where the COW IS GOD!!

Watch out world - here we come....

No comments:

Powered By Blogger