Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Adelaide Farmer's Market - The Florist is hot!


The Farmer's Market is only 5 minutes away on foot so every Sunday I buy flowers. I have a soft spot for Lilies (orientals) - personally I find them captivating on an emotional level. They bloom and they perish but when they are at their best, their breathtaking...I guess that's youth for you. Not that I'm 75 but you know I feel like it sometimes...

The florist whom I think is a closet bisexual with green thumbs usually gives me a $3 discount off the total purchase when his wife is not around. He is very sweet but with the missus just around the corner, a smile from him would result in flying daggers from her so it is a somewhat unspoken attraction. Yeah one of those! He could also be straight - not that it matters!
OF COURSE IT MATTERS COZ HE'S HOT!
The good thing is that I have fresh flowers throughout the week which keeps me happy. Happy is big on the agenda this year!! I think I need to get the Psyche to shut up sometimes....Whatever!! Shut Up!!

Things I like from the market : Chocolate coated figs, Cherries, Grapes, Plum, Juicing Oranges, Sourdough, Dips, Quiche, Real good value Veg and of course Flowers!!


Its on every Sunday from 9am to 12noon so if you are ever around - I recommend the florist! Will need to take a picture of the stall soon.

Till then.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger