Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Glenelg oh my glenelg!



The school holidays have finally arrived. For some teenagers, it is off to the Club and waiting in line to get wet and wild on the sweaty dancefloor and soak up the atmosphere of pre-pubescent adrenaline generated by the Oaks. Lucky you ...



Significant renovations have gone into Glenelg to attract tourism with little pockets of gelato-filled shops and asian cuisines on the go, it almost reminds you of some brisbane-inspired get-away - skoolies, toolies and other tools abundant!!





And of course with that comes the wannabes, drunks, pervs and other creatures of the night that should remain indoors. Sadly though everything else apart from things which are bad or juvenile are closed...typical of Adelaide having not realised that she needs to move with the times. More so, I've just missed the sunset.... it would have been a sight to behold.


It was good to do something different tonight...a triple latte at Starbucks and people-watching (beach volleyball) with some blonde blokish Danes trying to fit in - harassed by some mini-skirt inspired fembots and asian tourists from a nearby evangelistic karaoke-touting church group. Thank God for the Tram - in and out 2 hours flat. Wish I was in Texas! I could have used my gun licence.




Even with Sean Paul playing in the background and an afro kid with his boombox walking by the beach, I still felt a great sense of malaise about Adelaide. Not too sure why but I'd rather be on a mountain somewhere enjoying the comforts of a log cabin. I have finally realised that I have earned my doctoral for post-traumatic hermithood - certified and willing! Even laughing hurts.... my vision impaired by mediocrity. You're a snob hadi!


The stroll by the Marina in the evening wasn't too bad. Among the revellers, couples hid themselves away in dark corners trying not to be noticed. With the usual underaged drinkers one would expect revelry to spill over the bridge but thankfully the dining thoroughfare remained untainted. It was a good night though for self-realisation.


Rules of Engagement
Give and Expect Nothing
Nothing begets Nothing
Nothingness
The Heart is Silent
The Heart cannot speak
Give and Expect Nothing
Nothing begets Nothing
A void.


Someone told me that I am too emphatic. I am trying not too feel too much... it takes so much energy and sometimes its like being sucked dry like a shrunken head from Africa but more emotional. I have yet to learn...it is good to relive your experiences sometimes but emotional hangovers are really annoying. What's worse is that you know its coming.


"The dear old days when I could fly!" "Why can't you fly now, mother?" "Because I am grown up, dearest. When people grow up they forget the way." "Why do they forget the way?" "Because they are no longer gay and innocent and heartless. It is only the gay and innocent and heartless who can fly." "What is gay and innocent and heartless? I do wish I were gay and innocent and heartless."

No comments:

Powered By Blogger