Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Stepping into 2007 Bewildered!


5 4 3 2 1 - I sat there glued to the crap box when the fireworks went off. The dogs went crazy, the champagne decided to splash itself across the carpet and Mr. Camembert decided to walk out on us; a new beginning apt for 2007. Don't forget the premium cherries that ducked under the sofa squealing "Don't eat me!" with me going "Come here you little bastards!". Pandemonium.....



I've decided this will be a year of hilarious misadventures that will lead to better things. As always, I am far too optimistic for my own good but did get the stain off the carpet and the demise of the escapee came with ease so all and all a good night of closure. I also need to learn how to be more honest with what I think and how I feel and more so... how I deal with others in my life. I'm looking forward to meeting new people and regaining my mojo - if the body is willing and if the people skill has not been damaged too much by my cynicism of everyone in general. I feel very very tired today...not too sure why but it could be the vitamins kicking in while I was asleep and somehow has expired when I woke up. Bizarro I know!


I have finally realised why Japanese animation intriques me so - okay what has this got to do with anything? I was just listless and contemplated after a huge overdose of anime marathon in 2006.




If you read between the lines very carefully, most of the themes surrounding any series is the strong desire to break away from isolation and bridge humanity's disconnection to the things around them. Its a premonition of what society will become and this inability or reluctance to seek out our own personal demons is real afterall. I have to say that Hiroshima and Nagasaki must have been a real eye-opener; that after such an event how can humanity not become more introspect/self-aware? Is there more too learn, more mistakes to make, more deaths and more of everything?



Sadly, the true nature of humanity is that yearning for creating destruction. It is this relentless paradoxical need that we are again transfixed and have to be savagely reminded of our arrogance, conceit and pride. Yet there is always an honest struggle to make good of our mistakes and then often quite ironically a new cycle of destructive forces are reborned in our pursuit for repentance, progress and actualisation. CHAOS personified - humanity is such a contradiction! I feel very very sad sometimes...

Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance




So here we are 2007! I've decided to read more blogs and diaries of the informed. To be less judgemental. To be good to myself and take care of my inner being - mind, body and soul. To be more forgiving - to forgive myself for my misgivings. To love without exception and to receive without doubt. Good luck - Bon Voyage !

No comments:

Powered By Blogger