Monday, May 21, 2007

Comply or Complain?

OK before I start here is Larry the Cable Guy... why you might add? It's because I think he is cute -beyond that, well lets not go there. I have certain rules of engagement - this will start off a whole series of innuendos that will leave straight people baffled or the gay ones thinking that I'm a big ginormous prick.

So back to where this all began - this disconnected thought. Often listening to a whole series of podcasts and political blogs, I've sat down many a times thinking about how I can make a difference. Being the person that I am, I have chosen to be an ignorantus - I have very little care about gay marriage because marriage itself is antiquarian/antiquated i.e. if you believe a ring makes a relationship then you're way off, way way off. I prefer wills and lawyers!


It is also an institution that propagates control - something very Nazi about it but disguised through the guile of law, acceptance and compliance with ribbons, much like religion. It justifies making babies kosher and trust me some people don't deserve to propagate; this you have to agree to a certain extent without being PC about religion and population growth theories of continual motion. "Oh there's a hole, lets stick it in there!". Your self-actualisation therefore should not be rationalised by rules made for others - others meaning heterosexuals.



Maybe that is why when I say I have very few friends it is because friends are hard to find and the thinking ones that are not stereotypically in-your-face gay are even harder. I don't know but I would like to meet people that are caring - what is wrong with a little hugging here and there, a cup of coffee over a decent fire or even just rugging up under the pergola in your daybed over a good book? Does the gay community require a new heart or is it experiencing heart burns where we can no longer buy someone a drink as a form of flattery at a pub?

I was also listening to the Bear in the city podcast (www.bearsinthecity.com.au) with John warning people to be careful of drinks being spiked @ some bear event. Strangely enough it really frightens me what people out there are capable of...maybe I am naive but maybe I have chosen to be neutral to people's intentions without first hand knowledge. My partner have always pointed out that it would be madness to live life with this in mind but I am a little of a madman whom is prone to be suckered out of a couple of bucks. He says I've lived such a sheltered life that I have to agree but I should think that homosexuals have alot of issues to deal with lest being taken advantage of by their own - it is just unethical and should not be encouraged.

My only advice to my friends out there is to take good care of the people you love coz they're not perfect and sometimes they too need you as much as you need them. And when you are out drinking, partying or whatever when alcohol or drugs are present, a designated driver please for the night - just make sure everyone gets home and buy each other a drink once a while because you deserve to be wooed by your peers!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

John wasn't talking about the drink spiking - that was me, Seumas.

Hope you're enjoying the podcast.

And yes, it is scary, but you can manage things with drink spiking by being careful. I just buy my own drinks now, and don't participate in buying rounds.

Powered By Blogger