Monday, July 23, 2007

10 -15%



So "the Paula" went on to say that 10-15% of people get headaches when they start on their spinal chiropractic treatment. I think she should have told me a week ago coz I had this notion that it was really strange that this headache of mine was not going away. I have a thing about taking codeine and such, so had refrained from taking it - false bravado! Tried sleeping it away instead on Sunday...that is such a poor excuse.

So this session was totally different. She went deep into my spin and started aligning it vertebrae by vertebrae. This I have to say was the most uncomfortable thing ever. I felt like I just got hit by a car and somehow managed to stagger away without wetting my pants. Paula of course was eager to reiterate that only she can make someone feel pain/pleasure at the same time. Sorry love no boner from me at this stage. I think you turtled that idea within 5 minutes of your fingered introduction.

Rather than the usual neck manipulation, she had me lay on my back and then manipulated the neck twice. Crack! Crack! Then she made me turn onto my side and virtually 'sat' her whole weight on my neck. I exaggerate but she said that hopefully this will take the headaches away since my jaw and my neck was not aligned.This should help a little and surprisingly my headache has somewhat subsided replaced by the rather lingering shiatsu like pain along the spine. How wonderful!!

This is my tenth session and hopefully in 2 weeks time, I will have a holistic program to keep my mind, body and soul tuned up. This is the goal this year....to repair years of neglect and get up to my optimum whole again eg. eating right, walking an hour each night, doing my stretches that I use to be good at and be limber again. I can only hope!

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Keep holding on. Sounds like life's journey. Painful moments leading to fruitful endings.

Powered By Blogger