Sunday, July 29, 2007

A nightmare : UZIT wardrobe


So my wardrobe is not getting fixed today. It has doors that do not match cornices that do not match side panels. The installer has called in sick @ the very last moment and that is that. The motto of buyer's beware should also be accorded to this business. Much like bush fire warning, the gauge is set at EXTREME!! I highly recommend taking this seriously as it is a choice of every customer to learn from other customer's unending nightmare. UZIT and LOOSE IT!




It has taken away 6 working days from us for a simple installation from bad paint jobs to poor colour matching to sick installers, the sacrifice of having nails in 19th century floorboards and one man down scenarios. The promise of 1 day installation with 2 person on site is false. The offer of weekend installations does not exist either. If the offer is too good to be true then it is probably not no matter how fancy the showroom is.




The sales people seems to make plenty of promises and charge you squillions but apparently they cannot deliver. We had to make countless changes to the measurements of the drawings ourselves even to the minor calculations - if we had left it to them then our wardrobe would have come out dodgy.




And the only thing they can say is 'sorry'. I am sorry too... this will be the last time that we use them and we are very generous and simple people - the fact is we feel taken advantaged of and that is the truth. Where are all the honest family-run businesses these days? No one in the showroom seems to want to take responsibility but they sure were ready to take our money. They seemed unperturbed by my call like it was something that they are so used to which brings me closer to my conclusion that this is a common occurence.

So my personal warning to everyone...BUYERS BEWARE! This business is fraught with unending supply of poor excuses - we still haven't got our wardrobe and the stress of it all is not worth the trust you place even at that price!! Their sub-contractors seems to be dropping dead like flies and if you are trying to manage a project, I recommend staying clear away from this mob.



Alas I am still wardrobeless and I am stressed beyond belief! And I have myself to blame...eventhough it seems that I am paying for it - both physically and mentally out of my own pocket; very senseless really.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

I work with contractors and you've got to be careful. You've got to check and double check. They can be very unpredictable and unprofessional.

You should report them and deduct $$ from their final invoice.

Powered By Blogger