Sunday, August 26, 2007

The Weekend...


The weekend was rather uneventful. Both of us were down at one point in time with the bug. I took Saturday and other half Sunday. Still not so flash but at least I don't feel like a wreck. Ended up watching DEATH NOTE, Read or Die and Funny Lady with Barbara Streisand on cable and amazingly Australian idol. The talent pool is depressing.


Watched a very moving Czech movie on SBS on Friday night - about Czech airforce pilot seconded into the British Royal Air Force during the 2nd world war, internment, falling in love and loosing good friends. Can't remember what its called.....but it was beautifully shot - RAW. I think its Tmavomodrý svět (Dark Blue World)?


Spring have arrived early this year and my roses are budding. I am waiting for the Golden Elm at the back to do the same. That is when my hayfever will start acting up but I can't live without the shade from that glorious 20 metres tall canopy. The other half was busy putting in a dripper system out the front...we are expecting a hot summer this year - the weather have been quite erratic so not too sure what to expect. I took in some sun yesterday which did me good and the boys had a great time at the park.

The new roses put in 8 weeks ago are also budding. I am hoping that they live through the heat this year. Also in small plastic pots are seed from the yellow cliveas mineata and we have around 20 of those. I can't wait for them to grow as well - it will take a long time. Ours are about 6 years old and they just started flowering last year.

So tonight is Yum Nuea time....a Vietnamese beef salad and Chicken and Corn soup.


No comments:

Powered By Blogger