Thursday, September 27, 2007

My new lens 18-135mm




OK I've heard some bad reviews but bad reviews are only as bad as the person whom hated it. I am keeping my judgement till I see pictures.

I have been reading alot of materials on the D80. The issues with ISOs, White Balance and VR requirement; those sort of things that can go wrong (not a pragmatist yet). I am still unsure whether the D80 is a good choice coz I tried the D200 and prefer the built-in buttons better.It's also about 10% larger in build size and since I have tres petite fingers and hands, it was just too bulky. Small fingers are not made for big things - maybe some big things but... at a jump of $1K more for the body alone, I need real convincing.

The weekend is looking quite positive and exciting. There is dinner with the hubby for his birthday all organised at the Hyatt and the football game between the Power and Geelong. GO POWER!!!

We also got ourselves a pair of waterproof North Face raincoats yesterday for a bargain (30% off). Another extravagance we don't need coz we got ourselves a down jacket 5 weeks earlier. But with this waterproof thingo, we can leave the raincoat and the downjacket @ home. It is breathable which is excellent and has enough room to wear a light woollen sweater underneath it all. Excellent for Autumn (Fall).

I am excited as well for Andrew who is heading to Tibet & the Himalayas in 3 week's time...take care of yourself. The journey will be revealing both physically and spiritually. Come back in one piece and don't be too adventurous. You're no Spring Chicken.

Also to Bents whom is heading off on vacation in Europe to catch up with his other half. Everything will be great when you're both together again. Europe this time of year on the other hand...at least it isn't winter. Switzerland is pretty this time of year.

To Kevin on getting his invitations to various Christmas Parties...are they serving eye-candy? Who knows - the man of your dreams might just be around the corner.

Have a great weekend guys and I wish you all good journeys my friends! Though it would be nice if we could all see each other in person but alas...

5 comments:

Kevin said...

Can't wait to hear about the party! That sounded like fun.

Anonymous said...

Sad to say that we are not the party sort...strangely enough we're quite the extrovert so the weekend was spent being with ourselves - dinner and then a walk by the Torrens River.

It was OK ....as you get older, you'd prefer being the people that matters most.

Kevin said...

very true. I'm that way on my birthday. I do plan to have a bash on my 40th birthday.

Anonymous said...

I'll send you a card!!

Do you know that people from culture says that you are most attractive when you turn 40! They reckon you're desirable because of your stability and worldliness.

How about that for a reason to celebrate your youth!

Kevin said...

Yes, Yes, Yes!

Powered By Blogger