Sunday, September 23, 2007

What a weekend....

The Power is in the grand finals of the AFL and the Wallabies are in the quarter finals of the Rugby World Cup (A Post Prediction). Eight pints later and a trip to Chinatown for a quick slimey dinner to soak up the grog and a cuppa at CIBO, the weekend was all good as we staggered our way home. Thank God we live about 20 minutes out of the city.

I also had a chance to look at the new iPod nano and Papa iPod - both are so very desirable. The most upsetting thing about it all is that I do love my current nano but the juicy corners and the smaller casing was very hard to say no to. The screen on the nano was much better than the Papa - action images were a little noisy on the 180GB. I had trouble walking away but I need to focus on my camera. My self-control is getting better with age and priorities are now governed by need rather than want.

My 18-135mm Nikkor lens finally arrived this morning. I am excited and it looks pretty swish. Walked around the city too and it looks like the average price for a Nikon D80 body only is around AUD$1500/- with a $200 cash back from Nikon on their anniversary making it $1300/-. I can get the body in Japan for $100,000 Yen which is equivalent to $1K so I will wait. In the meantime, I am stocking up on lenses, SD HC cards and undoubtedly a new battery grip.

Month-end has been good...all the reconciliation and SOX controls have been signed off. This 3rd quarter will require, from the work-end, a reconciliation report on all transactions done on the asset register against tickets raised. Yes - I do have a rather boring job...but numbers cruching is great as long as you get your balances right. I use to abhor the fact that numbers dictated our lives but I have come to appreciate the role in which it plays. Sadly this goes against my artistic grain but there is always a time and a place for everything.

I escape into the city Monday week to attend an advanced excel course...just to get out of the office really - I'd rather do SQL or Advanced Access but the business would rather pay you to do something boring and safe. Will not be attending the CPA Congress because that is smack in the middle of my holidays - oh well I don't need anymore networking...been there done that and hate it.

5 more weeks to go. We will do Japan extensively covering all the locations apart from the northern regions in which I doubt we will have time for. Apart from that, it is Monday and shit only hits the fan mid-week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Rugby, what a sexy sport! I can't watch it for very long...lol

I drank a lot this weekend and had a ball with the whole Hair thing (i'm going to tonight too)

Networking is going well, btw. I made a connection with someone who lives in my building late last night as I did my laundry.

5 Weeks in Japan...i can't wait to see these pictures.

Powered By Blogger