Thursday, January 17, 2008

7.6 iTunes ...



I can't believe what happened, while installing the latest iTunes as a separate download it entirely crashed my iPod? So there I was at home, uninstalling all the files related to this version and having to reset my whole iPod to factory setting.

My last update of any songs was in Nov when I went over to Japan but I thought I might just be a smartass and download the .exe file at work and bring it home to install. Everything just powered down and it took the battery life out of my iPod - I was left with a virtually dead iPod within seconds showing a depleted power bar and all + eventually kicking the bucket. Thank God it was not for good. I couldn't even force boot the bloody thing while hooked up to 7.6

After removing the application in its entirety, I had to use the older version of my iTunes to check for upgrades online instead for both my iPod and iTunes. I have a feeling that you needed both upgrades at the same time so that any sort of patches would run through software/hardware recognition. Surprising the Apple website was filled with Q&A on the iPod/iPod Touch/iPhone etc and I thought it was me! Apparently not.

So another two hours later, I have all the songs that I need though as you know sometimes you loose all the artworks for album produced prior to the Apple revolution so my coverflow is looking rather shitty right now. I will have to live with it I guess because I can't give a fart's arse to find the album covers. Thank God for Saint Germaine Des Pres this morning...

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Goodness! That's not fun at all.

Powered By Blogger