Sunday, January 20, 2008

Day 21 - 5kg

I have finally reached my first target weight of 70kg in 21 days. I've shrunk all over which is a good sign in a way - the blubber for winter has diminished and therefore a need to look at all the autumn/winter clothing to see whether they fit is in order + another trip to the Salvation Army. Hopefully someone might find solace in a not so flattering winter garb. Next is to go down to 67.5kg.

4 more weeks to go before I leave work and start afresh. Job hunting will be interesting and I am hoping to move away from the rather mundane life of Finance and maybe indulge in a little self-gratification. A job in the Arts could be enticing but I abhor the pretense of it all or maybe in Marketing, which will keep me engaged for the next 2 years - meeting new people. Living large again?!

This time though...I am not perturbed as the other half is very supportive of me finding the right job. The current job was more out of convenience - numbers are numbers but maybe a people-oriented job could be the go...though in time people generally annoy me with their idiocy. I give myself another 2 years in the new job before I go stir crazy again.

The March trip though is in order and we have discovered the Pacsafe brand of travel gear and the beauty of quick-drying underwears + compression shorts. We've also calculated, thank you Google maps and many other wonderful blogs, the cycling route for Vietnam/Laos + environs and plus all the cycling we already do over the weekend, we will be able to cover the city centre with ease. As for Cambodia + and its outback, it is around 25-30kms to cover Siem Reap and its temples. We've seen it before so this will be quite a relaxing trip much like Burma/Bagan for more picture taking.

The stopover in Singapore in March will also allow me to do a little antique hunting (very quickly) ...note to self: must email some dealers to say that we are coming and go to our favourite eateries. No Sunday Brunch at the Four Seasons this time - there is just not enough time. 7 weeks to go and we should be there.

It is Monday morning - I predict a very long and labourious week ahead. I hope everything will be alright for Wednesday.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

You're just knocking it out on the weight thing. It's very inspiring.

A job in the Arts! Heck yeah! Make it happen.

Incognito Man said...

I hope so! I just need to feel inspired which is hard these days. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks Kevin!

Powered By Blogger