Monday, January 28, 2008

Australia Day Weekend...



Monarto Zoo, a great bbq of homemade patties and the tyre that fell to pieces while out driving. The weekend was exhaustive beyond belief and I could still feel the after-effects.

It was a good day out and I was able to try out many settings on the my D80 especially shots of people in B&W. I am now keen to get a fisheye lens and forego the prime f1.4 as people apparently are not too perturbed when a tourist is busy snapping pictures of them.



Went for a weigh-in on Saturday and I am down by 6.4kgs after 26 days. I am officially 69kg and going down as we speak. My target weight is now 65-67kg. For the next two weeks that is the plan anyway. Yesterday I had my first extra serving of protein i.e. left over patties from the other evening's bbq and skipped my walk. My weight has not been affected by this so it is a sign that my metabolism is top notch.

Cycled to the beach twice this weekend - the weather was fantastic and the beach was filled with revelers...I have to admit that I am not a fan of the sun. Australia's UV is extreme and if you are fair-skinned then you'd better remember the sunblock.

So its Monday morning and I'm not looking forward at all to the 'long' week but alas these are the final days and I need to focus on that and move forward. There is always Hope to count on.

I have a wish today...may all your dreams come to fruition this year my friends - a little 'prayer' from me:

1. Kevin - for good health and peace of mind;

2. Andrew & Scott - for the ability to embrace new possibilities;

3. Peter and Pinoyboy - to stop 'bickering' and know that we love your banter ;

4. John Ong - to enjoy the journey and see it for what it's worth... the destination is an illusion;

5. Brad - to find someone to grow old with and maybe to throw away old baggage;

6. TC and your trip to Japan - may you find what you're looking for;

7. Ross - for finding someone yet again to share your love. I have hope in your conviction;

8. To all my flickr friends...it has been good knowing you all - gives me hope that not everyone are bastards!

I hope God is listening today even for an agnostic like myself. And to my sister - to be brave and see the light for a better tomorrow - we love you.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Do you prefer B & W. I need to play with that more. More and more people I know like B & W. First off I need to carry around my camera more.

Congrats on the weight. Weight has been a big journey for me! I have to blog about it. When I was in 4th Grade I had a 34 waist at 9 years old!

Thanks for the well wishes.

Peace and love to you too my friend.

Incognito Man said...

B&W is really hard to do because it requires a stronger image lest it becomes predictable. I am just honing my skills i.e. I want more texture on my image and prefer not to photoshop them rather leaving them as they are 'pure' - that is the hard bit I think.

I never had a weight issue because I was a very petite little munchkin until recently but it took me 14 years to put on the weight.

I guess I am going through this with my partner whom as of today has lost 11kgs. He aims to be 90kg (another 10 to go) and it is hard to do it alone. I do what I can because at the end of the day, it is a partnership.

You too Kevin...and hopefully one day that special someone might come up to you while at work and ask you out!

Powered By Blogger