Wednesday, January 30, 2008

What ills the boy....

He has been ill for quite awhile and I've been to the Vet thrice for this affliction. Still not too sure what it is. I've tried keeping his diet preservative free by making it all on my own and grating the carrot (fibre) each day but to no avail. The doctor is somewhat sceptical but he is not himself lately and I should know coz I spend more time with him than with my partner. He has diarrhoea and I can almost feel his pain when he strains each morning before I go to work.

So today at 4.30pm, I am insisting that they do a blood test on him, check his throat and maybe some medication to stop the pain. At least he is not squealing but he was never a squealer. I really want to know what is making him spew all the time, whether it is tonsillitis or food-poisoning? The trouble with dogs that keep your premises safe is that you're never sure when someone might throw something nasty over the fence and I truly hope that it isn't the case. I just want him to get better.

Treats are also out of the question coz he can't keep it down. Today's breakfast was simple; a small handful of dry food, boiled chicken, al dente pasta, grated carrot and some PAL just to keep him enthused. Not that he is not eating but he seems lethargic.

I am hoping that it isn't something major.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Oh goodness. I hope it's not serious. I'll be thinking about you and the baby this weekend.

Powered By Blogger