Sunday, January 06, 2008

What's being on a diet like...

Somedays it is easy but some days it gets really really hard. Today is one of those latter days.

Last night, we had a second run of Christmas dinner at the in-laws as another family member arrived to attend the funeral tomorrow + a couple of gift giving. I ate my first crispy roast and duck since Christmas - it was so delicious and I still feel a little guilty. I blame it on Dad for slapping a small piece on my plate. Though he too is on the diet, he could only say, "it's only a small piece and it won't hurt you" on that note, he slammed down a nice huge glass of Cabernet - almost half a bottle I might add.

Mum's roast vegetables on the hand is heavenly. She does it so well all the time - its like eating pumpkin coated in beef and oven-baked so that it is crispy on the outside but moist on the inside. There were parsnips, carrots, onions - the lot which added to the all around guilt factor.

Desert was diet yoghurt for us and black tea for me.

I think I am learning slowly what is good and what is bad for my body but the good thing is that I didn't over-indulged. It would have been hard a week ago but I'm already loosing 1.5kg after 6 days, I was not going to risk it.

It just reminds me of the Doctor Who Episode THE IDIOT'S LANTERN....HUNGRY! HUNGRY! FEED ME! FEED ME!

The latest episode aired during Christmas! Bloody hell...and they had Kylie too.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger