Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Trying to make a Phone out of a Touch

Busy, Busy, Busy with what you say since I am apparently on 'vacation'? Well I have been working the widgets on the Touch and looking at other peripherals for my touch to turn it into a Skype? I think I need Peter & PB's help on this. As long as I can get the extra gadgets I am sure I can make this work without having to go back to 1.1.1. Note to self : Email the Ohmypod boys!

Wifi coverage in the city is also pretty sparse...for a country that favours technology, Australia really needs to be more competitive i.e. service providers. If we can bring in more competitors into the market, I am sure broadband will be like breathing air but at this stage its like smog - chokingly slow!

The State Library isn't that great either. Next to my desk is an Indian national whom is skyping his wife in Bombay talking loudly in Hindi. I think people need to share connection and not hog the system all to themselves. Earlier today he had abandoned his son to go to the toilet...he left with some other Indian guy for a smoke or something - he looked homesick and the boy started freaking out in the reference section. I so happened to be the recipient of his repertoire and so reported it to security that a child has been abandoned and required removal. Daycare this is not MISTER! It's the bloody library!

So that is my whinge for the day and I am happy to say that I am so looking forward to the holidays which starts next week and with my Touch, I can now email while I am in the hotel...they're big on WIFI in Vietnam/Laos.

Till then.....Peter/PB/Kevin if you are reading this....are webapps any good?

1 comment:

Kevin said...

4 the iPhone they're great, but for the touch remember you have to have wifi access in order for some to work. Overall they have tons, play around with some.

Powered By Blogger