Monday, March 10, 2008

One more time....

I've just lost my post to Cyberspace and He didn't even try to return it back to me. Bloody internet connection is acting up again but it is obvious that I need a newer, 'swishier' laptop with the works...the kind that will make my grandma blush. I just have to wait till I get my new job and then I will have a reason to get one but for now the HP is fine to get me going.

Amazingly, the other half said rather passingly this long weekend that he wants an iPhone. I wonder where that came from? He's always been a Windows advocate but I think my Touch has a lot to do with it and the fact that he can then bundle everything into one little flat pack is really enticing. What he wants to do is to have his email, music, a GPS, WIFI connection for browsing, make phone calls to moi only and then be able to take pictures at the same time. I think the iPhone is really the answer since we've pondered over a Blackjack and an 02 - finding that none of the specifications fit our needs. Hopefully they will have a 32GB or 60GB model when it finally arrives in Australia. The 8GB is just ludicrous for the price.

Only 4 more days before I hit the vacation track again. 10 days in Vietnam and another 7 days in Laos with a layover in Singapore...in which will be spend by the beach eating some local delicacies. I can't wait.

I have also managed to get my Manfrotto into the Oyster in the hope that I will get great evening/pictures under low-light. Maybe the 10.5mm fisheye and a prime lens is in order but that it the least of my worries.

The 12mm bike lock has been purchased as we are doing some biking this time around in the hope that we can get to places in which people ignore (not the usual tourist route). So let’s see what transpires in the next couple of days.

Indra is at the oncologist today for his chemo treatment. He is in remission and therefore continuing the programme will keep him in remission for longer. Mum has agreed to take him to Dr. Davies while we are away...it is a big commitment as she will need to feed him antibiotics in the morning/evening and take his temperature as well. He will be a grumpy bastard when he comes home but he is such a sweet boy that he is accorded the luxury with what he is going through. Daddy will miss you sweetheart!!

2 comments:

Kevin said...

I've had problems with posting too!

That phone is great. I love all-in-one devices!

I've been meaning to take more pictures of the city, but I've forgotten my camera several times. Plus, this new Jack Spade bag I got is a little small for my bulky camera. Oh well.

I look forward to those pictures from Vietnam.

Remission! That's wonderful. Indra is a trooper! Give him a hug from me!

Anonymous said...

Will do Kevin and you have a great couple of weeks.

Looks like someone has been shopping again!...It's the curse of liking too many things at the same time. Even I get carried away sometimes.

He's asleep at the moment. On some new chemo drug that requires him to be walked every hour.

Will email you while I am away!

Powered By Blogger