Friday, June 13, 2008

The Office....

On the 10th floor overlooking the harbour + the bridge. It was magnificent but after awhile can be quite monotonous. I should have brought my camera but then again I already had one to many hand carry luggage for the trip. Did go to an exhibition opening on Thu in Paddington - Sydney is still full of 'tossers' after cheap booze. The prints went unnoticed throughout the night but the stains on the floor were not.

Finally caught up with Andrew and we had a lovely dinner at King St Wharf...Wagyu beef and a bottle of red. Caught up with another lovely couple across the table who were here in Sydney to catch the Dalai Lama for the weekend .. a fireman and his wife from Wollongong. What a small world...I was just up in Port Kembla yesterday...hmmm.

So Andrew and I spoke for hours. As we were not late sleepers anyway, we retired at around 11.30pm. By then, the Cabernet had left us rather lethargic. The 2 bedroom apartment was a little extravagant I thought...the upgrade welcomed especially on the 25th floor overlooking St Andrew's cathedral, the Queen Victoria Building and the Sydney tower. Guests had their own en suite and telly in the next room.

It would have been great to have had the weekend here in Sydney but the sister is about to touch down and I needed to clean up the house. The other half is already complaining that I am spending way too much time away from home. I guess he gets lonely when I am away but it is work and it pays the bills.

So here I am again sitting in the dreadful Qantas Club Lounge is Sydney wondering why I am putting up with travelling for work again. It is not something I desire but out of career necessity. Adding to my rather anti-social attitudes towards crowds in general, work related travel is way too taxing for my age.

Time for a cup of coffee.

See you real soon Andrew!!

2 comments:

Kevin said...

I hope our travels bring you to New York! I know that's very selfish of me!

Anonymous said...

I do too...selfish for you!

Powered By Blogger