Monday, June 09, 2008

The weekend that was.....SYDNEY!

It was a good weekend away. I managed to get to the soon- to- open Apple Store in Sydney, shopping for sports jacket that was rather cheap at the stores and ate at our usual haunts. A trip to the Victoria Room for cocktails was also a good start to the weekend with Martinis, Long islands and strange but rather alcoholic infused ciders. Who knew Apple could give one a hangover?

Along the way, I met an interesting chap called Douglas. English 44 and apparently on his second run in Sydney to find true love. Lovely chap who works in the construction business and enjoys his lager way way too much. We spoke about living in Sydney and how things change and what remained the same with the passing of time. He asked me whether I was ever in love. I said yes but sometimes being in love with Love is not good either. And he liked music.

Sydney it seems is still big on recycling…..

We were also introduced to a friend’s new partner of 6 months called Malcolm who works in the Arts. The mixed bags of Freudian platitudes were welcomed but I guess I’m too cynical and have grown out of useless banter that it became quite tedious in the end.

I took some real nice pics of breakfast at the Hilton overlooking the QVB (Queen Victoria Building), the new soon to be opened Apple Store façade and of people in general to be uploaded over the weekend.

I am off again to Sydney in the next few hours….for work this time and hopefully it will be just as enjoyable.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

That sounds like fun. I've been so busy lately I haven't had a chance to do anything or meet anyone!

Is Sydney like New York?

Anonymous said...

A little less built up but yeah its more like a little corner in Chelsea!

Powered By Blogger