Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Sydney Again ...

So after dinner with the Boss at Chat Thai and drinks at Cargo, here I am in the hotel room watching hollowmen on ABC...its exactly what happens at the office sometimes. Thank God we don't run a country just a multi million dollar business!! Have actually taken some shots but the CITY is so impersonal and alien - winter doesn't help but Adelaide is much much colder so its not the weather, I think its the isolation. I miss home.

The balcony door on the 23rd floor is open and I am letting the cool air in. I have little inclination for central heating and the sound of traffic is not as soothing as it used to be.

Called Andrew but he wasn't available...industrial podiatry engagement. Called Ross and he is stuck with freelance work that has to be delivered tomorrow for his client. Tried emailing Bents for Coffee but he is also engaged this week - being an administrator before I can understand. Alas I need to be planning things better but work is so reactive that sometimes I have no idea when we're in and when we're out.

Strangely enough I had a meeting today at Randwick Barracks - "People who are dressed as soldiers who are in fact electricians, accountants etc." How ironic!

"You can't get respect in shorts!"

Need sleep - big day tomorrow with the boys...I will know whether I will be going to India in the next couple of weeks to train people or have a long nice weekend eating and shopping in Singapore. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

What a life! At least one of us are making the big bucks!!

Anonymous said...

I wish...bucks but not big...hope you are well.

Powered By Blogger