Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Alas my good sir...



You see the great thing about reflection is that you can attribute the ‘adjectives’ sprouting out of your consciousness to the most nonsensical thing you can imagine and still make it sound fantastic…rocket science stuff when it is only a push bike analogy. The moment gets to you and you are bedazzled - very Jane Austen.

I had a rather confused moment where I reflected on a flawed emotion in my previous post. It was not as much purely fancy-foolish but rather unrealistic expectations – the affects of alcohol and an over-enthused little squirt. Expectations are what drive some people as an elixir to youthful beauty but maybe I am just too old for elixirs and by the way, I hate driving cheap knock-offs.

So “You Know Who You Are” – someone once stopped me in the middle of a mall and said that he knew me in a previous life. I understood him in a way and I felt a sudden dread that if it didn’t happen in that life why should it happen now - no matter how attractive and overwhelming the moment was.

We come across so many people in our lives but there are those that we connect with – soul mates are over-rated especially when it is complicated by too many variables. Let's be mates instead and I will see you soon - you still owe me that cup of coffee by the park in East London and I will bring Chamomile.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger