Sunday, September 07, 2008

Revisiting old friends...


This week I discovered an old friend - Attraction. Somehow as you get older nothing seems to excite you - I have discovered an old emotion that I have long ignored though maybe as a result of domestication. I understand why it is persistent and willful nonetheless and how in my youth, this would have been a real burden. I am stronger now and have embraced it for what it is while letting it pass through my system.

The odd thing is that the sensation seems familiar - how so? I don't know how to explain it but it is one of those persistent sensation that you have. Not like a headache in which I have one ever so often but a 'reverberation'.

So Attraction I take my hat off; for just when I thought I have overcome my flaws, I am back to learning how vulnerable self-actualisation can be when you become too complacent.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Hmmmmmm...that was food for thought. I feel so stagnant right now. It hasn't stopped my eye though. There are so many beautiful men in NYC.

Powered By Blogger