Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Trip - The Trip




Just a couple more days and I am off on a jet plane - note that I will not 'break into song'. I really need the break and it will be good to be out of town for a while.

Really enjoying Bioshock and Rapture. There are very few games that I enjoy but this one is pretty smart - having extraordinary powers are also very cool. It is a game for big kids I guess. Deep down inside I am not the sadistic maniac everyone thinks I am just a little bipolar.






Also listenting to Diana Krall's latest album Quiet Nights. Predictable but the arrangements are refreshing.

I turn a year older this Saturday and I am blessed for many things. Some of my new found friends Kevin, Andrew and Keiran whom I believe are honest people that I can connect with. Indra who is still holding out especially after his 2nd remission. My other half - for putting up with my crap and I am still alive after all these years.

I wish I could wave my wand - I want my friends to be happy and I truly hope that they are. You can have some of my joy, the little that I have to give if you like. I should be in Sydney soon so will be able to catch up with Andrew and Keiran for YUM CHA! Kevin October is already set in stone and I will see you in NY.

I obviously am desperate for some R&R, you think?!

PS. Keiran thank you for my birthday wish. For that you get the obligatory hugs and kisses!

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Happy Happy early Birthday my friend! I'm excited for October too. I'm taking off some days from work. We gotta get to a nice Korean barbecue in Koreantown, good Italian in little Italy and soul food in Harlem or the West Village!

You gotta let me know what you want to see and do while you're here. Broadway (musical or play)

Bioshock. I picked up a used copy a few weeks ago for $26.99 (I had been waiting for it to come down in price). I played the demo and loved it. It's a lot of fun. Thing is I'm playing so many other games I have to finish one of them before I start playing Bioshock. Maybe a week or two.

Bokonon said...

Hi Hadi, look forward to catching up again, but Yum Cha has got to be my least favourite form of food!!

You have a great trip, OK?!!

K

Powered By Blogger